Facts about dental implants
Dental implants are currently one of the most modern and advanced dental technologies available today. Through the implantation of dental implants, many people have improved their chewing and speaking functions, while also increasing the aesthetics of the face. To learn more about dental implant technology, you can refer to the content in the article below.
1. What is dental implant?
Dental implants are the most advanced way to replace missing teeth. Various dental implant technologies have made significant steps in recent years. In today's modern dental medical technology, materials used in dental implants are used strictly to be compatible with human tissue and not cause rejection. The material used for dental implants is titanium. Pure titanium is used as a modern raw material for dental implants. This is a substance that is compatible with the human body and will not cause allergic reactions. In addition, implanted titanium teeth have a long life.
X-ray image of dental implants of lower teeth
2. Dental implant procedure
First cut and open the gums to reveal the jawbone of the corresponding part, then choose the bone position for the denture implant.
Use a small drill to mark the selected position, and replace it with another drill to drill a hole of appropriate depth according to the height of the corresponding bone.
Then, use a drill to increase the width of the hole to make the hole equal to the thickness of the tooth root. This step usually requires replacing 2-3 drill bits.
Screw the bead tooth into the hole until the bone is equal to or below the bone.
The gums were then healed to the bone and the wound was sutured.
In the simplest terms, we can compare an implant with an artificial root, which is implanted into the jawbone by a doctor. Then (at least 3 months later) a crown, bridge or denture will be fitted after the bone has grown. In this way, the repaired tooth can function like real teeth.
2. What is the benefit of dental implants?
Dental implants to complete missing teeth can improve the following:
- Dental implants can help improve chewing & speaking function.
- Improve people's comfort by improving facial beauty.
- Get your confidence back with a bright smile.
- By improving the chewing function of teeth, it relieves stomach symptoms.
Dental implants help you have a bright smile
3. Advantages of dental implant filling technology
- If only one or two teeth are missing, you can avoid wearing down your other healthy teeth to make a bridge.
- The success rate of dental implants is over 98%.
- Dental implants are suitable for all ages after the human body was at the age of bone development.
- If the missing tooth is a molar, a permanent filling can be used instead of a partial denture.
- In the case of absence of teeth, by implanting a small number of teeth, dentures will not be shaken during speaking or chewing, reducing problems caused by conventional dentures.
- Provides comfort when speaking and chewing, making social communication easier.
- It can avoid the feeling of aging caused by using removable dentures.
- Enjoy the taste of food again and the pleasure of chewing food.
4. Who is suitable for dental implants?
To get dental implants, you need to ensure that your jawbone is healthy. The dentist will diagnose the condition of the teeth through X-rays. Other teeth and gums need to be in good condition before dental implants can be started. Here are the conditions to know if you are suitable for dental implants.
The jawbone after dental implant surgery must be completely healthy, not infected. This area must be kept with proper oral hygiene and have enough bone. If the above conditions are met, dental implant surgery can be performed at this area. This statement was made by our clinic's dental experts through analysis of X-ray films.
If there is gum disease, tartar or cavities in the oral cavity, all of the above problems must be addressed prior to dental implant surgery.
The East Rose Dental Clinic is a reliable implant place with a team of highly qualified medical professionals
5. Who can't get dental implants?
Dental implant is one of the advanced methods. However, not everyone is suitable for it. Here are some cases where dental implants are not possible.
- People with problems with hematopoietic function or blood clotting disorders.
- People with severe diabetes.
- People with hemophilia.
- People who are taking certain medications (medicines used to treat osteoporosis, called bisphosphonates).
- Heavy smoking.
- Poor oral hygiene.
Whether the patient is suitable for dental implant services can only be assessed after a thorough examination of the patient. For aesthetic and quality teeth, you can go to the East Rose Dental Clinic. This is one of the dental clinics with a team of highly qualified and experienced doctors. This is also the place to regain confidence for thousands of people with dental problems each year.
Here's what you need to know before getting dental implants. It is possible that dental implant technology helps people who have lost teeth or have poor aesthetics to have beautiful, natural teeth. However, to ensure the longevity of teeth, after dental implant surgery, you must also pay close attention to oral hygiene and regular oral care.