How much does it cost to get your gap teeth bonded?
Gap teeth is a condition in which a gap appears between the teeth and can be found anywhere in a set of teeth. However, this usually appears between two upper front teeth. Gap teeth appear at any age but with children, the gap can disappear after permanent teeth grow. In some cases, the space between the teeth is quite small so it is invisible to the naked eye.
If the teeth are gapped, you may lose confidence when talking or smiling. Why don’t you visit the dentist? There are many treatments to help fix gap teeth including braces, fillings, porcelain veneers, dental crowns or implants. Among them, dental bonding is often used because it is quite simple with reasonable cost but still bring high efficiency.
What causes gaps between the teeth?
If the space between two teeth is visible to the naked eye, it is called gap teeth. In fact, there are many reasons why you may encounter this condition, such as:
- If there is a mismatch between the size of the jaw bones and the size of the teeth (either one can be too small or too big), you will experience extra space between teeth or crowding of teeth.
- Missing or undersized teeth can cause neighboring teeth to move and attempt to help close one gap, but this movement creates entirely new gaps.
- An oversized labial frenum, which is the piece of tissue that extends from the inside of your upper lip to the gums, can create a gap.
- Bad habits like thumb sucking can pull the front teeth forward and create gaps.
- Spaces can develop if your swallowing reflex does not happen properly. When you swallow, your tongue should press against the roof of your mouth, but some people thrust their tongue forward against their front teeth. Over time, this tongue thrust will cause the front teeth to move and a gap to be created.
- Gum disease causes your jawbone, which supports the teeth, to weaken and recede. Losing bone can cause the teeth to become loose and move.
Even if the gap does not bother you from an esthetic perspective, it is important to get the diastema checked by a dentist in case it is being caused by something sinister like gum disease. Gaps in your teeth could also mean your bite is not functioning properly, which can lead to the painful experience of chipped or broken teeth.
Fixing gap teeth step-by-step
Dental filling is also a cosmetic dental treatment for gap teeth. The dentist will use a natural colored tooth-like composite material to fill and shape appropriately to fill the gap between the teeth.
The filling procedure is quite simple. You can complete all the steps in just a visit to the dental clinic. First, your dentist will choose an adhesive material (filling material) that can be similar to your real teeth.
Next, the front teeth surface will be prepared before filling. They will be lessened so that the filling material can be placed into. After that, the dentist gently uses a specialized liquid to put on the teeth to make the adhesive process easier.
The filling has a dough-like texture, allowing the dentist to create the shape once it's in your mouth. After making the teeth look more natural and esthetic, the dentist will use ultraviolet light on the filling to harden it and fix the shape.
Then, your gap teeth with the filling will be polished to prevent irritation to your inner lips. When this stage is done, the filling treatment is complete. You do not need to go back to the dentist if there are no complications.
Who can get gap teeth filling?
Fillings can help cover the space between the teeth but cannot replace dental treatments.
According to the National Institutes of Health, some people with gap teeth cannot be treated with fillings alone. If there are other dental problems, such as dilaceration or abnormal occlusion, you may need different treatments.
If your only problem is that your teeth are gapped, your dentist will only need to do a regular filling to help you regain confidence when smiling. You will have a thorough dental check to determine which dental treatment is suitable for you.
Read more: Can dental filling fix front diastema?
How much does gap teeth filling cost?
Depending on the circumstances, the cost of a dental filling may vary. Here at The East Rose Dental (Old Rose Dental Clinic), we have a team of experienced dentists together with adequate facilities, high-quality equipment. Check out our price list for dental filling service in the following table:
|White composite filling||1 surface||300 000 - 500 000|
|White filling Luxa Core Z ( Germany)||1 tooth||400 000 - 700 000|
|Sealant||1 tooth||300 000|