How painful are dental implants?
What are the advantages of dental implants?
Dental implants offer many advantages such as:
- Improving your appearance: Dental implants give you a set of teeth that look real and natural. They are also extremely sturdy as the titanium posts have been planted into your jaw bone.
- Improving your speech: Artificial teeth that are low-quality may slide and create unpleasant noises or give you speech problems. Dental implants not only get rid of the aforementioned problems but also eliminate the discomfort that comes with removable dentures.
- Making meals easier: Dental implants offer a set of teeth that is both strong and healthy as natural ones, allowing you to enjoy your favorite foods without any annoyances.
- Improving oral health: Dental implants replace damaged or lost teeth without affecting adjacent teeth. You will have a complete set of teeth without any hygiene problem.
- Longevity: Dental implants are sturdy and can last for many years. With proper oral hygiene, your implants may last a lifetime.
How painful are dental implants?
As dental implantation involves the placement of a metal post into the jaw bone to act as an artificial root, many people get nervous and wonder if the procedure hurts. In fact, according to those who have gone through dental implantation, the procedure is neither extremely painful nor uncomfortable.
Many feel that dental implants are even less painful than tooth extractions. You will remain under local anesthesia during the whole procedure.
The following factors will ensure safety and minimize the feeling of pain during implant transplantation:
- Local anesthesia: You will not feel too much pain or discomfort during the procedure due to local anesthetic at the implant area.
- Doctors' skills: Implant implantation should be done by qualified doctors with many years of experience to quickly solve the complications that may occur in the process.
- Clinic equipment: A modern clinic with all the necessary technologies is also very important to increase the success level for an implant procedure.
After dental implantation, you may experience discomfort; however, your doctor will give you a prescription to deal with this. You will be able to continue your daily schedules the following day.
How to reduce pain after implant procedure?
After implanting, you may feel a little uncomfortable, but your doctor will prescribe some medicine to improve this condition. You still have the ability to socialize and work normally the next day. Besides, some methods to help support the pain after implant include:
- Do not eat hot spicy food
- Gargle with warm water
- Prefer soft foods
- Dental hygiene with a soft bristle brush
- Apply ice to the area where your teeth are uncomfortable.
Is rejection possible after dental implantation?
To date, there’s no report of rejection after dental implantation.
Titanium, the metal used to make implants, is proved to be highly compatible with the human body.
The success rate of dental implantation is also higher than that of other dental procedures, around 95%. Unsuccessful cases of dental implantation are usually the result of infection which depends on the procedure itself, the setting, and the dentist’s experience.
You should be careful when choosing a dental clinic for implantation or any other dental procedures.
Through the above information, East Rose Dental Clinic (former Rose Dental Clinic) hopes that you will have a better understanding of implant dental implants as well as answer the question "Does implant hurt?". If you have dental problems, please come to East Rose Dental Clinic for the most dedicated care and excellent service.
- Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 19:00
- Saturday: 08:00 - 18:00
- Sunday closed
- Hotline 1: (+84) 908 321 455
- Hotline 2: (+84) 931 857 885
- Mobile: (+84) 8 3925 8778
- Phone: (+84)2 838 258 778