Porcelain Veneers: Which Type is Suitable and How to Care for It Effectively
A smile is one of our most valuable assets; it is the way we express confidence and charm. And if you're looking to revamp your smile, porcelain veneers are a great solution. However, to make sure you clearly understand the right type of Veneer and how to care for your teeth after it is done, please follow the last article from The East Rose Dental Clinic.
How many types of Porcelain veneers are there?
Currently, with impressive developments in the field of dental technology, the porcelain veneer market is becoming more diverse than ever. Among the types of porcelain veneers, there are three most popular types.
Emax Porcelain Veneer
Emax porcelain veneers are made from Lithium Disilicate glass ceramic. This type of porcelain has natural translucency and optical properties similar to dentin, helping the smile become as vivid as real teeth.
A notable feature of Emax porcelain is its compatibility with the environment in the oral cavity, not causing irritation to the gums and teeth. This helps avoid blackening of the tooth's neck or discoloration of the porcelain. The durability of Emax porcelain veneers can be up to 15 years with proper care.
Amber Porcelain Veneers
Amper porcelain veneers are made from lithium disilicate-based glass ceramic with the characteristics of clarity like real teeth and high durability. Amber porcelain has been widely used in dentistry for all-ceramic dental restorations and cosmetic porcelain veneers.
Amber glass ceramic is produced without metals, has a true color with opalescence and fluorescence effects, does not darken the gum line, and does not change color over time, helping to maintain long-term aesthetics.
In particular, Amper porcelain has good biocompatibility, is highly safe, does not cause scratches or discomfort, and helps achieve the best chewing function.
Lisi Press Porcelain Veneer
Lisi Press is a line of high-end porcelain veneers that are ultra-thin and transparent like pearls. It is also known for its good reflective effect, making the smile radiant like real teeth.
The Lisi Press ceramic surface stands out with its absolute corrosion resistance and does not cause irritation to the oral cavity. At the same time, they can withstand up to 400 MPa, allowing you to eat and drink comfortably without worrying about cracks or wear.
The average lifespan of Lisi Press porcelain veneers is 15 to 20 years, depending on preservation and care.
Lingual/Palatal Porcelain Veneer
Lingual and pallatal porcelain veneers also have the same structure as regular veneers. However, their special feature is that they are designed for the back of the teeth. This is a special type of onlay used to fix problems such as broken teeth or worn enamel without having to intervene deeply into the teeth, minimizing damage to the teeth.
After getting Lingual/Palatal Porcelain Veneers, you can eat and drink normally without having to worry about lumps, bumps, or discomfort. This is really a good choice for people who want to improve their smile without pain.
Teeth care after porcelain veneers
Taking care of your teeth after porcelain veneers is a very important step to ensure your porcelain teeth stay healthy and prolong their lifespan. Here are some instructions on how to care for your teeth after porcelain veneers:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a soft toothbrush and non-residue toothpaste.
- Use dental floss or veneer-specific floss to clean between teeth.
- Practice proper oral hygiene to remove bacteria and food residue.
✅Avoid harmful foods and habits
- Limit consumption of foods and drinks that contain melasma-causing agents and coloring agents, such as coffee, red wine, tobacco, and acidic foods.
- Avoid biting and chewing on hard objects, such as ballpoint pens or any objects that could hit the veneer and damage it.
✅Regular check-ups with a dentist
- Visit your dentist regularly (at least annually) to check the condition of your veneers and natural teeth.
- Your doctor can remove stains or food stains that you cannot remove at home.
✅Limit sports and vigorous exercise
- If you participate in sports activities where there is a risk of impact or injury to your teeth, use a tooth guard to protect your veneer from damage.
- If you smoke, consider stopping the habit. Smoking can cause yellowing and change the color of veneer.
Remember, proper care and maintaining a daily oral hygiene routine are important to protect your investment in veneers and maintain a beautiful smile.
If you are still wondering which type of porcelain veneer is suitable, The East Rose Dental Clinic will provide you with the necessary information and options that best suit your tooth condition and your aesthetic goals.
For dental checkup & consultation with dentist at The East Rose Dental
- Click here to book an appointment online directly : https://eastrosedental.com/en/contact.html
- SMS, Viber, Zalo, Whats App, Skype: +84 90 8 321 455
- Hotline: (+84)908 321 455 - (+84)931 857 885
The East Rose Dental – Since 2000 – Top 2nd - All On 4 Vietnam
➮ Clinic District 2: 166 Dong Van Cong, Thanh My Loi Ward, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City (adjacent to Vista Verde apartment).
➮ Clinic District 1: 30-36, 2nd floor Phan Boi Chau, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City (at the East Gate of Ben Thanh Market).
- Website: https://www.eastrosedental.com
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@theeastrosedental1
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theeastrosedentalclinic/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@nhakhoatheeastrosedental3475