What to choose: Porcelain crown vs Dental Veneer?
Porcelain crownn and porcelain veneer are both popular cosmetic procedure with the goal to help you get the perfect smile. On the other hand, many people still wonder whether to go for porcelain crown or veneer? Let's find out the answer through the article below.
What is porcelain crown? What is porcelain veneer?
Porcelain crown is the form of using one or more dentures of the same shape, color and size but does not have the inner intestine to cover the real teeth to restore or support other methods of dental work. These dentures are called crowns.
Veneer is a thin layer of porcelain shaped, the same color as the natural teeth attached to the front of the tooth, helping to hide the defects of real teeth and bring confidence when smiling. Porcelain veneers will be shaped and adjusted by dentists in the size, shape and color according to your natural teeth, helping the teeth look as natural as possible.
How to choose the right method for you?
Crowns will be suitable for people who have worn, chipped teeth or have just finished the process of root canal treatment, heavy fillings and need dental restorations.
In contrast, porcelain veneer is often applied to overcome small defects on the teeth such as the incisors, teeth dull due to antibiotics, ...
Cost of porcelain crown and porcelain veneer
The cost of porcelain veneer is often higher than that of porcelain crown due to the following factors:
- Highly-skilled dentists: When applying veneer, only a very thin layer of teeth is needed, so dentists need meticulous abrasive techniques, being careful not to damage the whole process.
- Professionally created veneer: To create a perfect veneer, fit snugly on the tooth surface while ensuring that the tooth color is not different, requiring technicians to have good manufacturing skills.
- Modern equipment: In order to create professional and guaranteed porcelain vener, it is necessary to rely on the support of modern and advanced equipment and machines.
Learn about the cost of these two methods through the following articles:
What should you ask when seeing a dentist?
If you are considering between dental porcelain crown and veneer, you should ask about dentist's cost and experience in both fields. Some other questions you might consider include:
- Are there any costs incurred when crowns do not fit correctly?
- How long is the lifespan of veneer and porcelain crown?
- Do you need to wear protective jaw?
- Are there special treatments for porcelain veneers or crowns?
- Can alternative methods be used such as removable dentures or implants?