Ultra-thin porcelain veneers - Modern technology for a Hollywood smile
What makes a beautiful, bright and impressive smile to those around you? This question is very difficult to answer, because each person will have a different perspective and assessment. In which, the color and shape, the alignment of the teeth are considered the most important. If you have a defect that needs improvement, the ultra-thin porcelain veneer method may be the solution you are looking for.
What is the technology of Supper thin veneer Emax Empress?
Super thin veneer technology or ultra-thin porcelain veneers are used in porcelain bonding to help restore the shape and color of teeth. Normally, porcelain veneers will have a size of about 0.5 - 0.8mm, so it is only necessary to grind away the thin enamel layer when restoring. Compared with traditional porcelain teeth, the Veneer method can maximize the preservation of teeth and limit the amount of enamel that needs grinding.
However, there are many customers who still want to preserve their teeth and do not want to interfere with enamel grinding when applying porcelain. So the technology of ultra-thin porcelain veneers was born to meet this need. Porcelain veneers are only 0.2 - 0.4mm in size, so they do not grind teeth, or grind very thin layers with dense and crowded teeth.
1- Porcelain patches are only 0.2 – 0.4mm
Ultra-thin porcelain veneers are made from glass-porcelain ingots with leading modern CAD / CAM 3D technology. Despite its thin size, this porcelain veneer is capable of withstanding high impact, safe and benign, without abrasion.
Advantages and disadvantages of using ultra-thin porcelain veneers
The advent of ultra-thin porcelain veneers can overcome the problem of tooth grinding that many people are afraid of. This method has several advantages and disadvantages as follows:
Ultra-thin porcelain veneers have a number of outstanding advantages:
- Porcelain veneers have an ultra-thin size of 0.2 - 0.4mm, so there is no need to grind teeth.
- Preservation of real teeth: It is possible to preserve real teeth to the maximum, especially for people with poor tooth background and pain tolerance, this is an option worth considering.
- Good food sensor: Due to its thin size, it can feel hot / cold food, although it is thin, it still has good bearing capacity, feels the feeling of chewing.
- High Durability: The patch material is made of glass-ceramic core, which can last 10-20 years with proper care.
- High aesthetic effect: In essence, porcelain veneers are made for aesthetic purposes, providing optimal sensory effects with white teeth, ridges and true biting edges.
- Safe and benign: Glass porcelain is made of ultra-thin porcelain veneers that are durable and benign. Even when used for a long time, it will not be thinned and will not cause any health effects.
- Less invasive: If you want to restore teeth for aesthetic purposes, the teeth do not have too many defects, this is the optimal choice.
2- You can preserve real teeth to the maximum with ultra-thin paste technology
Besides the above advantages, this method also has disadvantages such as:
- Because the porcelain surface is too thin, it requires a highly skilled doctor to ensure that the surface is glued to the teeth to create a uniform mass. If the porcelain paste is not compatible, there may be a difference, and the risk of breakage and chipping when eating and drinking is very high.
- The scope of indication is limited for teeth with few defects, crooked teeth that need porcelain crowns are the best choice.
- Careful care: When gluing porcelain teeth, the glued surface will hug the outer surface of the teeth to help resist the force and not crack at all. However, because the size is very thin, you need to take care of it carefully.
- High cost: Compared with conventional paste, ultra-thin porcelain paste is quite expensive.
3- Because the porcelain surface is too thin, it requires a highly skilled doctor
Super thin porcelain be applied with cases:
As mentioned, ultra-thin porcelain veneers will have limited indications, so this method will be applied in the following specific cases:
- Suitable for teeth with mild to moderate discoloration: The thin porcelain veneers have an opening so they cannot completely cover the teeth, so they are only suitable for mild and moderate tarnished teeth.
- Mildly chipped teeth: In cases of mildly chipped teeth, you don't need to grind your teeth, but you can still grind your teeth to restore the shape of your teeth. Cases of cracked teeth on the inside need to be filled or covered with porcelain teeth if the crack is too deep.
- Sparse teeth: Sparse teeth can cause open bite, adhesion and formation of plaque on teeth. To overcome the slight gap of no more than 2mm. Ultra-thin porcelain veneers can be applied.
- Teeth with bad shape: Teeth with a defect shape such as teeth that are too short, irregular tooth length can be improved with ultra-thin porcelain veneers.
4- Suitable for teeth with mild to moderate discoloration
It should be noted that some cases of ultra-thin porcelain veneers also need to be sharpened to be most effective. Porcelain paste without grinding teeth is only performed when the teeth are less defective, relatively uniform and not too messy.
Thus, the article has summarized the method of ultra-thin porcelain veneers. With the above method, teeth with few defects will be improved quickly to have a bright smile.