Lost Molar Teeth And Things You Need To Know
Tooth loss not only affects the ability to chew in general, but can also cause other serious health problems. In this article, we will understand the causes of molar loss, the effects of tooth loss, and most importantly: effective treatment solutions to restore teeth and bring back a confident smile. , comprehensive for you.
Causes of molar tooth loss
Loss of molars can stem from a variety of causes, from dental problems to other factors related to lifestyle and overall health. Here are some common causes of molar loss:
- Tooth decay and gum disease: Tooth decay and gum diseases such as gingivitis can attack the gum tissue and jawbone, leading to reduced support for the teeth and ultimately tooth loss.
- Trauma: Accidents or injuries from activities such as sports or traffic accidents can cause tooth loss.
- Aging: The natural aging process can degrade bone and gum quality, increasing the risk of tooth loss.
- Unhealthy lifestyle: Smoking, alcohol consumption and an unbalanced diet can all contribute to tooth loss.
- Autoimmune diseases: Autoimmune diseases such as arthritis can affect gum and bone structure, facilitating tooth loss.
Understanding these causes can help us be proactive in maintaining dental health and make wise decisions to prevent molar loss.
Is it okay to lose molars?
Losing molars can cause many different problems and affect your overall health. Here are some problems that can appear when you lose molars:
- Difficulty chewing and digesting food: Teeth help grind food, and when you lose teeth, you may have difficulty chewing food properly. Digestion can be affected because food is not thoroughly ground.
- Changes in facial structure: Losing teeth can change facial structure and make the face unbalanced because the teeth tend to move against each other to fill the space. Typical of this change are sunken cheeks and premature aging of the skin.
- Effects on communication: Tooth loss can affect the patient's psychology and confidence. People who lose molars will make it difficult for you to pronounce correctly and easily lisp.
Effective treatment solution
1. Dental Implant
One of the most advantageous and trusted solutions for molar loss is dental implants. With Implant, you will immediately own a tooth with real chewing function, independent existence, and not invading other teeth. In particular, you only need to have a dental implant once and it can be used for a lifetime. At The East Rose Dental Clinic, this method is very popular because of its modern measurement and implementation equipment and high accuracy rate to help you quickly regain your lost teeth.
2. Make a porcelain dental bridge
The technique of making a porcelain dental bridge is based on the mechanism of using two teeth next to the missing tooth as a fulcrum and placing a porcelain bridge on top. Porcelain bridges will consist of 2, 3 or 4 teeth attached together. In particular, both sides of the lost teeth will be used as supports for the bridge. Porcelain teeth have a natural color that matches real teeth, ensuring facial aesthetics.
3. Make removable dentures
Removable dentures are also not a bad choice when you want to improve your dental condition at a low cost. However, dentures have a short lifespan and are inconvenient when you have to remove them for daily cleaning
For dental checkup & consultation with dentist at The East Rose Dental
- Click here to book an appointment online directly : https://eastrosedental.com/en/contact.html
- SMS, Viber, Zalo, Whats App, Skype: +84 90 8 321 455
- Hotline: (+84)908 321 455 - (+84)931 857 885
The East Rose Dental – Since 2000 – Top 2nd - All On 4 Vietnam
➮ Clinic District 2: 166 Dong Van Cong, Thanh My Loi Ward, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City (adjacent to Vista Verde apartment).
➮ Clinic District 1: 30-36, 2nd floor Phan Boi Chau, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City (at the East Gate of Ben Thanh Market).